This page (together with the documents referred to on it) tells you the terms and conditions on which we supply any of the products or services (Products) listed on our website southlondonkravmaga.com (our site) to you.
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before ordering any Products from our site. You should understand that by ordering any of our Products, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. You should print a copy of these terms and conditions for future reference.
Please tick the box marked “I agree to the South London Krav Maga Terms and Conditions” at the end of the ordering process if you accept them. Please understand that if you refuse to accept these terms and conditions, you will not be able to order any Products from our site.
1. Information about us
southlondonkravmaga.com is a site operated by South London Krav Maga Ltd (we). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 8832094 and with our registered office at 6-8 Paxton Place, London, SE27 9SS. We are not currently VAT registered.
2. Service availability
Our site is only intended for use by people resident in the United Kingdom (mainland only) and we reserve the right to not accept orders from individuals resident elsewhere.
3. Your status
By placing an order through our site, you warrant that:
- 3.1you are legally capable of entering into binding contracts;
- 3.2you are at least 18 years old;
- 3.3you are resident in the United Kingdom (mainland only); and
- 3.4you are accessing our site from the United Kingdom (mainland).
4. How the contract is formed between you and us
- 4.1After placing an order, you will receive an e-mail from us acknowledging that we have received your order, and that payment has been successful (Acceptance Confirmation). This email forms the contract between us (Contract).
- 4.2The Contract will relate only to those Products we have confirmed in the Acceptance Confirmation. We will not be obliged to supply any other Products which may have been part of your order until the acceptance of such Products has been confirmed in a separate Acceptance Confirmation.
- 4.3Any drawings, photographs, descriptions or advertising we issue, and any photographs, descriptions or illustrations contained on our site, are issued or published solely to provide you with an approximate idea of the Products they describe. They do not form part of the Contract between you and us or any other contract between you and use for the sale of the Products.
5. Consumer rights
- 5.1If you are contracting as a consumer, you may cancel a Contract at any time within fourteen working days, beginning on the day you receive the Products. In this case, you will receive a full refund of the price paid for the Products in accordance with our refunds policy (set out in clause 9 below).
- 5.2To cancel a Contract, you must inform us in writing. You must also return relevant Product(s) to us immediately, in the same condition in which you received them, and at your own cost and risk. You have a legal obligation to take reasonable care of the Products while they are in your possession. If you fail to comply with this obligation, we may have a right of action against you for compensation.
- 5.3You will not have any right to cancel a Contract for the supply of any of the following Products:
- 5.3.1Courses that have been attended within the 14 days specified in 5.1
- 5.3.2any products, or parts of products, that incur immediate costs for South London Krav Maga – specifically travel costs for club seminars.
- 5.4If you would like further information about your legal rights, please contact your local Trading Standards Department or Citizen Advice Bureau.
6. Availability and delivery
- 6.1Your order will be fulfilled by the delivery date set out in the Acceptance Confirmation or, if no delivery date is specified, then within 30 days of the date of the Acceptance Confirmation, unless there are exceptional circumstances.
- 6.2Delivery will be made to the address specified in your order. Should you wish to change the delivery address after your order has been dispatched from us, a charge of £10 will be made (a redirection approval is subject to your order and account status).
- 6.3Orders placed before the specified cut off time will be processed the same day and will be delivered in accordance with your delivery request providing further security checks are not required and all the Products are available.
- 6.4There will be no delivery until clear funds have been received.
7. Risk and title
- 7.1The Products will be at your risk from the time of delivery.
- 7.2Ownership of the Products will only pass to you when we receive full payment of all sums due in respect of the Products, including delivery charges.
8. Price and payment
- 8.1The price of any Products will be as quoted on our site from time to time, except in cases of obvious error.
- 8.2Products requiring delivery exclude delivery costs, which will be added to the total amount due.
- 8.3Prices are liable to change at any time, but changes will not affect orders in respect of which we have already sent you an Acceptance Confirmation.
- 8.4Our site contains a number of Products and it is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the Products listed on our site may be incorrectly priced.
- 8.5We are under no obligation to provide the Product to you at the incorrect (lower) price, even after we have sent you a Acceptance Confirmation, if the pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could have reasonably been recognised by you as a mis-pricing.
- 8.6Payment for all Products must be by credit or debit card. We accept payment with Visa, Visa Electron, Mastercard, Maestro, Solo and Paypal. We shall not despatch any Products until we receive cleared funds. No payment shall be deemed to have been received until we have received cleared funds. Please be aware that if you are using Paypal as your payment method we reserve the right to not ship to unconfirmed addresses.
- 8.7Your credit/debit card details will be encrypted by us to minimise the possibility of unauthorised access or disclosure. Authority for payment must be given at the time of order. If there is a problem taking payment for all or part of your order, we may contact you by telephone or e-mail. We will charge you an administration fee of £5 each time your bank is unable to process your payment.
9. Our refunds policy
- 9.1When you return a Product to us:
- 9.1.1because you have cancelled the Contract between us within the fourteen-day cooling-off period (see clause 5.1 above), we will process the refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any case, within 14 days of the day you have given notice of your cancellation, provided any goods have been returned us in the same condition as delivery, or clause 5.3 does not apply. In this case, we will refund the price of the Product in full, including the cost of sending the item to you where applicable, up to our cheapest delivery method, we will not refund premium delivery surcharges. However, you will be responsible for the cost of returning the item to us. We recommend that any items to be returned to us are returned via a recorded delivery method, as we will not be liable for any damage or loss whilst in transit;
- 9.1.2for any other reason (for instance, because you have notified us in accordance with clause 21 that you do not agree to any change in these terms and conditions or in any of our policies, or because you claim that the Product is defective), we will examine the returned Product or the service that you have received and if you are entitled, we will notify you of our intentions to either repair, replace or refund via e-mail within a reasonable period of time. We will usually process your repair, replacement or refund as soon as possible and, in any case, within 30 days of receiving the defective Product. If you elect a refund of a Product returned by you because of a defect it will be refunded as per our refunds policy, including a refund of the part of the delivery charge which related to that defective Product for sending the item to you and the cost incurred by returning the defective Product to us. If you are entitled to a repair or replacement of a defective Product we will not charge you for redelivery of the repaired or replaced Product.
- 9.1.3If you elect to return the defective Product to us using your own method of delivery, we will refund up to £3.50 of the costs incurred by you. This will only be refunded upon the receipt of proof of the carriage costs.
- 9.2Refunds of any money received from you will be made using the same payment method originally used by you to pay for your purchase and paid back into the same account.
10. Our liability
- 10.1We warrant to you that any Product purchased from us through our site is of satisfactory quality and reasonably fit for all the purposes for which products of that kind are commonly supplied. This warranty does not apply to any defect in the Product arising from fair wear and tear, wilful damage, accident, negligence by you or any third party, if you use the Product in a way that we do not recommend, your failure to follow instructions, or any alterations or repair you carry out without our prior written approval.
- 10.2Our liability for losses you suffer as a result of us breaching this agreement is strictly limited to the purchase price of the Product you purchased.
- 10.3This does not include or limit in any way our liability:
- 10.3.1for death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- 10.3.2under section 2(3) of the Consumer Protection Act 1987;
- 10.3.3for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- 10.3.4for any deliberate breaches of these Terms by us that would entitle you to terminate the contract between us; or
- 10.3.5for any matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude, or attempt to exclude, our liability.
- 10.4We are not responsible for any indirect or consequential losses which happen as a side effect of the main loss or damage and even if such losses result from a deliberate breach of this Contract by us that would entitle you to terminate the Contract between us, including but not limited to:
- 10.4.1loss of income or revenue;
- 10.4.2loss of business;
- 10.4.3loss of profits or contracts;
- 10.4.4loss of anticipated savings;
- 10.4.5loss of data, or
- 10.4.6waste of management or office time however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, provided that this clause 10.4 shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property that fall within the terms of clause 10.1 or clause 10.2 or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of clauses 10.4.1 to 10.4.5 inclusive of this clause 10.5.
11. Data Protection
- 11.2For your security, when ordering from us we only use Secure Socket Layer 3 (SSL3) technology, to ensure you cannot inadvertently place an order through an unsecured connection.
- 11.3By registering any of your personal details with us, you are agreeing to allow us to contact you regarding any of our own products or services. We may pass your details to a third party unless otherwise indicated to by you.
12. Protecting your security
- 12.1To ensure that your credit, debit or charge card is not being used without your consent, we will validate name, address and other personal information supplied by you during the order process against appropriate third party databases.
- 12.2By accepting these Terms and Conditions you consent to such checks being made. In performing these checks personal information provided by you may be disclosed to a registered Credit Reference Agency which may keep a record of that information. You can rest assured that this is done only to confirm your identity, that a credit check is not performed and that your credit rating will be unaffected. All information provided by you will be treated securely and strictly in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- 12.3During security checks we may ask for additional information or documentation to help support the data you have supplied.
13. Import duty
- 13.1If you order Products from our site for delivery outside the UK, they may be subject to export/import duties and taxes which are levied when the delivery reaches the specified destination. You will be responsible for payment of any such import duties and taxes. Please note that we have no control over these charges and cannot predict their amount. Please contact your local customs office for further information before placing your order.
- 13.2You must comply with all applicable laws and regulations of the country for which the Products are destined. We will not be liable for any breach by you of any such laws.
14. Written communications
Applicable laws require that some of the information or communications we send to you should be in writing. When using our site, you accept that communication with us will be mainly electronic. We will contact you by e-mail or provide you with information by posting notices on our website. For contractual purposes, you agree to this electronic means of communication and you acknowledge that all contracts, notices, information and other communications that we provide to you electronically comply with any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
All notices given by you to us must be given to South London Krav Maga Ltd at 6-8 Paxton Place, London, SE27 9SS. We may give notice to you at either the e-mail or postal address you provide to us when placing an order, or in any of the ways specified in clause 13 above. Notice will be deemed received and properly served immediately when posted on our website, 24 hours after an e-mail is sent, or three days after the date of posting of any letter. In proving the service of any notice, it will be sufficient to prove, in the case of a letter, that such letter was properly addressed, stamped and placed in the post and, in the case of an e-mail, that such e-mail was sent to the specified e-mail address of the addressee.
16. Transfer of rights and obligations
- 16.1The contract between you and us is binding on you and us and on our respective successors and assigns.
- 16.2You may not transfer, assign, charge or otherwise dispose of a Contract, or any of your rights or obligations arising under it, without our prior written consent.
- 16.3We may transfer, assign, charge, sub-contract or otherwise dispose of a Contract, or any of our rights or obligations arising under it, at any time during the term of the Contract.
17. Events outside our control
- 17.1We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a Contract that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (Force Majeure Event).
- 17.2A Force Majeure Event includes any act, event, non-happening, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control and includes in particular (without limitation) the following:
- 17.2.1strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action;
- 17.2.2civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war;
- 17.2.3fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster;
- 17.2.4impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport;
- 17.2.5impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks;
- 17.2.6the acts, decrees, legislation, regulations or restrictions of any government.
- 17.3Our performance under any Contract is deemed to be suspended for the period that the Force Majeure Event continues, and we will have an extension of time for performance for the duration of that period. We will use our reasonable endeavours to bring the Force Majeure Event to a close or to find a solution by which our obligations under the Contract may be performed despite the Force Majeure Event.
- 18.1If we fail, at any time during the term of a Contract, to insist upon strict performance of any of your obligations under the Contract or any of these terms and conditions, or if we fail to exercise any of the rights or remedies to which we are entitled under the Contract, this shall not constitute a waiver of such rights or remedies and shall not relieve you from compliance with such obligations.
- 18.2A waiver by us of any default shall not constitute a waiver of any subsequent default.
- 18.3No waiver by us of any of these terms and conditions shall be effective unless it is expressly stated to be a waiver and is communicated to you in writing in accordance with clause 14 above.
If any of these terms and Conditions or any provisions of a Contract are determined by any competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, such term, condition or provision will to that extent be severed from the remaining terms, conditions and provisions which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
20. Entire agreement
We intend to rely upon these terms and conditions and any document expressly referred to in them in relation to the subject matter of any Contract. While we accept responsibility for statements and representations made by our duly authorised agents, please make sure you ask for any variations from these terms and conditions to be confirmed in writing.
21. Our right to vary these terms and conditions
- 21.1We have the right to revise and amend these terms and conditions from time to time to reflect changes in market conditions affecting our business, changes in technology, changes in payment methods, changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements and changes in our system’s capabilities.
- 21.2You will be subject to the policies and terms and conditions in force at the time that you order products from us, unless any change to those policies or these terms and conditions is required to be made by law or governmental authority (in which case it will apply to orders previously placed by you), or if we notify you of the change to those policies or these terms and conditions before we send you the Acceptance Confirmation (in which case we have the right to assume that you have accepted the change to the terms and conditions, unless you notify us to the contrary within seven working days of receipt by you of the Products).
22. Law and jurisdiction
Contracts for the purchase of Products through our site and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) will be governed by English law. Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with such Contracts or their formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
South London Krav Maga Ltd
6-8 Paxton PLace
Company Registered in UK no.: 8832094